One of the processes whose management is more complicated for an SME, HR Department or Supervisors of a work team is the management of the absences of workers in the workplace and the subsequent effects that this implies in business activity.
How are absences in shifts managed?
In aTurnos we have a series of functions that will facilitate the control and management of absences in the daily planning of work teams:
Define the types of absenteeism:
- Excused absences: if you do not have to make up the absent hours later. Eg: a medical visit.
- Unexcused absences: if later, after said absence, the worker has to make up the hours. Example: a worker due to force majeure has to go to attend to a family member quickly and punctually and has to be absent for 3 hours. (These 3 hours will have to be recovered later).
Likewise, when creating a type of absenteeism they differ in:
Requests and access permissions:
- Totals: absence affects the entire planned shift.
- Temporary: the absence partially affects a previously planned shift, that is, in this case, it would be applied in hours.
- Both: if the absence can affect the entire shift or only partially.
When creating absenteeism you can define what Minimum Role (User Roles) can apply this type of absenteeism. Likewise, you can choose if that type of absenteeism you want to be requested as a request by the team workers ( see Request and process of Requests and changes ). There are also absences that can be loaded directly from the HR software and this later dumps them into shifts. Example: IT (before, it must be formally requested to the HR Department. That is, they are those absences of a legal nature).
Restrictions based on the application of absences: .
Once the absenteeism has been created, you can define what kind of restrictions to apply on the same to have a better management of daily planning. Example: Do not exceed the total number of times a certain absenteeism is made per year (these restrictions can be applied individually, on a specific worker; or in a group, to the entire set of team workers).//a> to apply on the same to have a better management of daily planning. Example: Do not exceed the total number of times a certain absenteeism is made per year (these restrictions can be applied individually, on a specific worker; or in a group, to the entire set of team workers).
Application of absences:
Check statistical reports and absenteeism restrictions.
- Apply a type of absenteeism on specific days: You can select a specific type of absenteeism by selecting which specific day you want it to be applied (you have to indicate only one day).
- Apply a type of absenteeism in more than one day: You can select in which period (2 or more days) you want to apply the selected absenteeism.
- Apply absences through requests: Workers, through Requests and changes , you can request a certain type of absence (as long as you have permission to do so), and later the Administrator can approve or deny it. If approved, it is applied directly to the schedule.//2-3-peticiones-y-cambios
- Apply absences through the attendance control settings: Allows those lags that occur between the planned time and the actual time worked to be adjusted with a type of absenteeism.
- Apply absences from a file import or integration: It allows exporting through an Excel file using external software and integration in shifts through our API, those absences or periods of selected absences.
Within the functionality to control absenteeism operations, aTurnos has a statistical section where all the data on absenteeism are collected ( see Statistics
). In addition to statistics, another way to verify that an efficient and correct management of absences is being carried out, it can be verified that the limits regarding the types of absences applied in the schedule are not being exceeded ( see Checking restrictions
). In addition to statistics, another way to verify that an efficient and correct management of absences is being carried out, it can be verified that the limits regarding the types of absences applied in the schedule are not being exceeded.